Using the Debug Toolbar
The Debug toolbar contains several tools you will employ as you work through this
section. By default, this toolbar is attached to the View and Tools toolbars, and
appears as a single Visual LISP toolbar.
The Debug toolbar is the left-most set of icons. Most of the items on the toolbar
are inactive until you run your program in debugging mode (that is, with one or more
If you have not done so already, detach the Debug toolbar from its position at the
top of the screen. To do this, grab and drag it by the two vertical grips at the left
of the toolbar. You can detach any of the Visual LISP toolbars and position them on
your screen where they are most effective for your style of work.
The Debug toolbar is divided into three main groups of buttons, each consisting of
three buttons. When you run a program in debugging mode, the toolbar looks like the
- The first three buttons allow you to step through your program code.
- The next three buttons determine how Visual LISP should proceed whenever it has stopped
at a breakpoint or an error.
- The next three buttons set or remove a breakpoint, add a Watch, and jump to the position
within your source code where the last break occurred.
The last button on the Debug toolbar is a Step Indicator. It does not execute any
function but provides a visual indication of where your cursor is positioned as you
step through your code. When you are not running in debugging mode, this button appears
To set a breakpoint
- In the Visual LISP Editor window containing gpmain.lsp, position your cursor just in front of the opening parenthesis of the setq function of the following line of code, within the gp:getPointInput function:
(setq HalfWidth (getdist EndPt " half-width of path: "))
- Click the mouse once. The position is illustrated in the following screen snapshot:
- With the text insertion point set, choose the Toggle Breakpoint button on the Debug
The Toggle Breakpoint button acts as a toggle, alternating between on and off states.
If there is no breakpoint at the cursor position, it sets one; if there is already
a breakpoint there, it removes it.
- Choose the Load Active Edit Window button on the Tools toolbar to load the file.
- Run the (C:GPath) function from the Visual LISP Console prompt.
Visual LISP executes the program normally up to the breakpoint. In this case, it will
prompt you for the first two pointsâ€”the start point and endpoint of the path.
- Specify the start point and endpoint when prompted.
After you specify the points, Visual LISP suspends execution of the program and returns
focus to the text editor window, highlighting the line of code at the breakpoint position:
There are a couple of things to notice:
- The cursor is located right at the breakpoint. This may be difficult to notice, so
Visual LISP provides another clue.
- In the Debug toolbar, the Step Indicator icon displays a red I-beam cursor in front
of a pair of parentheses. This indicates the Visual LISP debugger is stopped before
e Debug Toolbar loads the jQuery library from the Google Hosted Libraries CDN. Your browser will keep it in cache, allowing you to use the toolbar even if …Debug Toolbar; Edit on GitHub … Middleware isn't working correctly · Using the toolbar offline · Performance considerations · Panels.debug toolbar ships with a default configuration that is considered sane for the vast majority of Django …Debugging Procedures Displaying the Debug Toolbar. Displaying the Debug … Examining Information with Debug Windows · Stepping Through the Code.Debug Toolbar is a window designed for testing and debugging purposes. It can however also be used by the average player to ease gameplay, cheat or “goof off”. With Mod + F12 or Mod + Fn + F12 , the toolbar can be opened. It has four sections: Cheats, Debug, Database and Progress.debug toolbar still wont work. … Eh, some laptops only make use of F6 through F12 with a Fn variant …with the Debug Bar Console plugin.Debug toolbar contains several tools you will employ as you work through this section. By default, this toolbar is attached to the View and Tools toolbars, …… In the Programming With Yii2 series, I'm guiding readers in use of the Yii2 … Programming Yii – Navigate Using the Debugger Toolbar.use XHTML syntax, 4 months ago … The Django Debug Toolbar is a configurable set of panels that display various …