To Work With Command Window Appearance and History
How to customize the appearance of the command window and command history.
Modify How Right-click Behaves During Command Entry
You can change whether and when a right-click completes a command entry or opens a
- Click Application menu Options.
- In the Options dialog box, User Preferences tab, click the Right-click Customization
- In the Right-Click Customization dialog box, specify the right-click behavior you
want to use.
Set How Many Rows of Temporary Prompt History to Display
An undocked command window with just one line displays a temporary prompt history
while the command is in progress. Use this method to change the number of rows in
- To the left of the prompt area, click the Customize button Lines of Prompt History.
- At the Command prompt, enter the number of rows to be displayed (0 to 10).
Set Command Window Transparency
- Click the Customize button to the left of the prompt area, and select Transparency.
- In the Transparency dialog box, move the sliders to change transparency of the command
Control the Display of Recent Input
- At the Command prompt, enter INPUTHISTORYMODE.
- Enter a sum of one or more of the following values:
- 0. No history of recent input is displayed.
- 1. History of recent input is displayed at the Command prompt with access through Up
Arrow and Down Arrow keys.
- 2. History of recent input for the current command is displayed in the shortcut menu.
- 4. History of recent input for all commands in the current session is displayed in
the shortcut menu.
- 8. Markers for recent input of point locations are displayed in the drawing.
The default value is 15.
- (Optional) To specify how many values entered at a Command prompt are remembered and
displayed as recent input, enter CMDINPUTHISTORYMAX.
Modify Colors Used for Prompt Display
Modify the background color and text on the command line, temporary prompt history,
and the extended prompt history.
- Click Application menu Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Display tab, click Colors.
- In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, under Context, select Command Line.
- Under Interface Element, select an option.
- Under Color, select the color you want to use.
w to customize the appearance of the command window and command history . Modify How Right-click Behaves During Command Entry You can change …appearance of the command history. Control the Display of Recent Input At the Command prompt, enter INPUTHISTORYMODE. Enter a …… When you run it as administrator, it opens at the default system folder: … In Windows 10, besides the Cursor Size, Command History and Edit …window that displays a command prompt can be … that affect the appearance such as window size, background and foreground color, … you to use the mouse to cut and paste text to and from the command window.… If you are going to use the command prompt you may want to customize it: image … Command History-deals with how many commands are …run the Terminal plugin in PhpStorm. Learn more about actions available in the local terminal.… Microsoft's Start menu made its first appearance with Windows 95. … It negated the need to use Command Prompt for the vast majority of users, …… Do you find yourself working at the Windows (DOS) command prompt window ( aka Start>Run>cmd), and after having entered many commands …… The boring old Command Prompt screen is black and has a small blinking cursor. … Even some of the powerful virus protection suits use Command Prompt to … The command history keeps track of all the commands you enter …… A cmd.exe console window looks similar to an MS-DOS command prompt, but … for customizing the command shell console window's appearance and behavior. … (I describe how to use the command history in a later section.) …