To Use a Field to Display an Object Property
- Double-click a text object to display the appropriate text editing dialog box.
- Place the cursor where you want the field text to appear and right-click. Click Insert
- In the Field dialog box, in Field Category, select All.
- In the Field Names list, select Object.
- In Object Type, click the Select Object button, and select an object in the drawing.
- In the Field dialog box, in Property, select the property whose value you want to
display in the text.
For example, the field could display the radius of a selected circle.
- Select a format for the text.
- Click OK.
The current value for the object’s property is displayed in the text.