To Create Multiline Text
For longer notes and labels with internal formatting, use multiline text.
- Click Home tabAnnotation panelMultiline Text. Find
- Specify opposite corners of a bounding box to define the width of the multiline text
If the ribbon is active, the MTEXT ribbon contextual tab displays. If the ribbon is
not active, the In-Place Text Editor is displayed.
- To indent the first line of each paragraph, drag the first-line indent slider on the
ruler. To indent the other lines of each paragraph, drag the paragraph slider.
- To set tabs, click the ruler where you want a tab stop.
- If you want to use a text style other than the default, on the ribbon, click the Annotate
tab, Text panel. Select the desired text style from the drop-down list.
- Enter text.
NOTE: Text that would otherwise be difficult to read (if it is very small, very large,
or is rotated) is displayed at a legible size and is oriented horizontally so that
you can easily read and edit it.
- To override the current text style, select text as follows:
- To select one or more letters, click and drag the pointing device over the characters.
- To select a word, double-click the word.
- To select a paragraph, triple-click the paragraph.
- On the ribbon, make format changes as follows:
- To change the font of the selected text, select a font from the list.
- To change the height of the selected text, enter a new value in the Height box.
NOTE: The MText height value is reset to 0 if its default height is not modified during
- To format text in a TrueType font with boldface or italics, or to create underlined,
overlined, or strikethough text for any font, click the corresponding button on the
ribbon. SHX fonts do not support boldface or italics.
- To apply color to selected text, choose a color from the Color list. Click Other to
display the Select Color dialog box.
- To save your changes and exit the editor, use one of the following methods:
- On the MTEXT ribbon contextual tab, in the Close panel, click Close Text Editor.
- Click in the drawing outside the editor.
- Press Ctrl+Enter.