To Create Drawing Views from Inventor Models
Create base, orthogonal, and isometric projected views from Inventor models.
- At the bottom right of the drawing area, click the tab corresponding to the layout
you intend to create the base view on.TIP:If the layout contains a viewport, we recommend that you delete it before you proceed.
- Click Home tabView panel Base drop-downFrom Inventor. Find
- In the Select File dialog box, select the model to generate the base view from and
click Open.TIP:If you select the view representation to show from the Select File dialog box performance
with large assemblies can improve. However, not all view representations are available
in this dialog box.
- In the Representation panel of the Drawing View Creation contextual ribbon tab, select
the view representations you want to show in the base view.NOTE: Only the view representations used by the model you selected are available on the
ribbon. For example, if you selected an assembly, the Weldment, Member, Sheet Metal
and Presentation View representations are disabled.
- In the Orientation panel, select the orientation for the base view.
- In the Appearance panel , specify the scale and view style.
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the location to place the base view and press
Enter. A preview of a projected view appears at the cursor.
NOTE: You can change the properties of the base view using the ribbon until you press Enter.
- Move the preview to the desired location and click. Repeat until all the required
projected views are created.NOTE:As you move the preview, the orientation of the projected view changes to reflect
its relationship to the base view.
- Click Drawing View Creation tabCreate panelOK. Find