To Create and Save a Selection Filter
- At the Select Object prompt, enter ‘FILTER. This starts the FILTER command transparently.
- In the Object Selection Filters dialog box:
- Under Select Filter, select a filter and then click Add To List.
- If needed, scroll down to add Boolean operators, and then add additional filters.
- To specify an object that represents the category of objects you want to select, click
Add Selected Object.
- To save the filter, enter a filter name under Save As, and then click Save As.
NOTE:You must click Save As after you have entered a name in order to save the filter for
- Click Apply.
The filter is now active. You can use any object selection method. For example, you
can use a crossing window, but only objects that match the filter criteria will be