To Create a Revolved Mesh
- Click Mesh tabPrimitives panelRevolved Surface. Find
- Specify an object to define the path curve.
The path curve, which defines the N direction of the mesh, can be a line, arc, circle, ellipse, elliptical arc, 2D polyline,
3D polyline, or spline. If you select a circle, closed ellipse, or closed polyline,
the mesh is closed in the N direction.
- Specify an object to define the axis of revolution.
The direction vector can be a line or an open 2D or 3D polyline. If you choose a polyline,
the vector sets the rotation axis from its first vertex to its last vertex. Any intermediate
vertices are ignored. The axis of revolution determines the M direction of the mesh.
- Specify the start angle.
If you specify a nonzero start angle, the mesh is generated at a position offset from
the path curve by that angle.
- Specify the included angle.
The included angle specifies how far the mesh extends around the axis of revolution.
- Erase the original objects if necessary.