To Create a PDF File from Multiple Drawing Files
You can generate one PDF file per drawing sheet or generate one multi-page PDF file.
- Click Output tabPlot panelBatch Plot. Find
- In the Publish dialog box, add the sheets you want to export to the sheets list. To
add a sheet:
TIP:Click to remove a sheet from the list.
- Click . The Select Drawing dialog box is displayed.
- Select Prefix sheet title with file name.
TIP:If you do not select this option, it becomes difficult to differentiate between the
sheets from different files.
- Select the files to add.
- In the Include drop-down list, specify whether you want to import model space only,
layouts only or both.
- Click Select.
NOTE:If the paper size of a drawing sheet is not defined in the page setup or is set to
0 x 0, the program marks it as Uninitialized in the Status column on the sheet list.
It can be plotted if you select an override page setup for it in the Publish dialog
box. Use the page setup drop-down list under Page Setups in the sheet list to override
the page setup.
- If required, you can move sheets up or down the list.
TIP:Select a sheet and click to move it up. Click to move it down.
- In the Publish To drop-down list, select PDF.
- In the PDF Preset drop-down list, select the type of PDF file you want.
- In the Publish Options information section, verify if the options that are selected.
To change any option:
- Click Publish Options.
- Specify the settings for the PDF file.
TIP:To generate a multi-page PDF file, select Multi-sheet file. To generate one PDF file
for each drawing sheet, clear the Multi-sheet file check box.
- Click OK.
- Click Publish.
TIP:You can improve publishing performance by turning off background publishing. To turn
off background publishing, clear the Publish in background check box (Publish Controls
group) in the Publish dialog box.