To Create a Hatch Pattern with Dashed Lines
- Open an existing PAT file or create a new file in a text editor that saves in ASCII
format (for example, Notepad on Windows® or TextEdit on Mac OS®).
- Create a header line that includes an asterisk and a pattern name. The name of the
hatch pattern is limited to 31 characters.
For example, *ANSI33NOTE:If you are creating a new PAT file, the PAT file and pattern must have the same name.
- (Optional) Include a description in the header line, follow the pattern name with
a comma and description text.
For example, *ANSI33, ANSI Bronze, Brass, Copper
- Create a descriptor line that includes
- An angle at which the line is drawn
- An X,Y origin point
- A delta-x of any value if you want to offset alternating lines in the line family
- A delta-y of any value
- A value for a dash length
- A value for a dot length
- An optional second value for a different dash length
- An optional second value for a different dot length
45, 0,0, 0,.25
45, .176776695,0, 0,.25, .125,-.0625
- Add a blank line after the last descriptor line.