To Create a Distant Light
Distant lights can be useful for applying uniform lighting to a scene, but they can
make a scene appear washed out or too light.
lights. It is recommended to update all standard lights in a scene to photometric
- Click Visualize tab Lights panel (expanded) Lighting Units drop-down American Lighting Units Find or International Lighting Units Find.
Photometric lighting is enabled, and American or International lighting units is set.
- Click Visualize tab Lights panel Create Light drop-down Distant. Find
- Specify a location for the distant light.
- Specify a direction for the distant light.
- At the Command prompt, enter n and enter a name.
This name appears in the Properties and Lights in Model palettes.
You can continue to specify properties by entering options, or you can exit and set
properties interactively. When you use the interactive method, you can see the results
of your changes as you work.
- Press Enter to exit the command.
A distant light is not displayed as a light glyph. To change the properties of a distant
- At the Command prompt, enter lightlist.
- In the Lights in Model palette, double click the distant light which you want to modify.
- In the Properties palette, change the color and other properties of the distant light.