To Configure a Network, Nonsystem Plotter
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. Find
- Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon.
- In the Add-a-Plotter wizard, read the Introduction, and then click Next to advance
to the Add Plotter – Begin page.
- On the Add Plotter – Begin page, click Network Plotter Server. Click Next.
- On the Add Plotter – Network Plotter page, enter the share name of the network plotter
server that you want to use.
The server must already exist on the network. For more information, see your system
You must use the universal naming convention (UNC). The correct format of a UNC path
is server nameshare name. You can select an existing share name on your network by choosing Browse.
- On the Add Plotter – Plotter Model page, select a manufacturer and model. Click Next.
If you are configuring a PostScript device, select Adobe from the Manufacturers list.
If your plotter is not in the list of available plotters and you have a driver disk
for your plotter, click Have Disk to locate the HIF file on that driver disk, and
install the driver supplied with your plotter.
(Optional) The Import PCP or PC2 screen enables you to use configuration information
from a PCP or PC2 file created with an earlier release of the program.
- On the Add Plotter – Plotter Name page, enter a name to identify the currently configured
plotter. Click Next.
- When you reach the Add Plotter – Finish page, you can click Finish to exit the Add-a-Plotter
A PC3 file for the newly configured plotter appears in the Plotters window and the
plotter is available for plotting in the list of devices.
At this time, you can change the default settings for the plotter by clicking Edit
Plotter Configuration on the Add Plotter – Finish page. You can also perform a plot
calibration test on your newly configured plotter by clicking Calibrate Plotter on
the Add Plotter – Finish page.
ick Application menu Print Manage Plotters. Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon. In the Add-a-Plotter wizard, read the Introduction, and then click Next to advance to the Add Plotter – Begin page. On the Add Plotter – Begin page, click Network Plotter Server.network all my computers to. … I have the plotter setup to a computer through a parallel port.. and that …. tried adding it as a printer.. but i can't.. because it's a nonsystem plotter that is …configured system and HDI nonsystem printers or plotters. You do not need to configure system devices unless the program …plotter port connections and output settings, including … For example, when you configure a nonsystem plotter, you can modify the pen …configure local or network nonsystem plotters and Windows system printers with nondefault settings. You do not need to configure system printers if …configure local or network nonsystem plotters and Windows system printers with nondefault settings. You do not need to configure system printers if …plotter configuration files for both system and nonsystem plotters . You can also modify the default settings for an operating system printer …