SAVEAS Command Prompts
Saves a copy of the current drawing under a new file name.
To suppress the Save As dialog box and view the command prompts, set the FILEDIA system
variable to <0.
The following prompts are displayed.
- File format
Specifies one of the following types of file formats:
- Release. Saves the drawing in the DWG format from the current or previous release of the product.
- Standards. Saves drawing in DWS format, so the settings in the current drawing can be used as
a basis for Standards checking. (Not available for AutoCAD LT)
- DXF. Saves the drawing in DXF format.
- Template. Saves the drawing in DWT format, which can be used as a basis for new drawings.
- Save drawing as
Specifies the path and file name for the drawing you are saving.
Drawings saved in DXF format have these additional prompts.
- Decimal places of accuracy. Specifies from 0 to 16 decimal places.
- Binary. Creates a binary DXF file. Binary DXF is generally faster and more compact than ASCII
- Select objects. Prompts you to select specific objects to be saved in DXF format.
- Preview. Specifies whether you want to save a thumbnail image of the saved file.
- Version. Specifies which product version to use for the saved DXF file.
suppress the Save As dialog box and view the command prompts, set the FILEDIA system variable to . The following prompts are displayed. File format …Save As dialog box and view the command prompts, set the FILEDIA system variable to . The following prompts are displayed. File format …command that usually displays a file selection dialog box (such as OPEN, RECOVER, SAVEAS, XATTACH, MAPIINSERT), a prompt is displayed at the command line instead of the dialog box that you expected. … To display a dialog box when using the Open, Save As, and …Prompts The following prompts are displayed.SAVEAS displays command prompts rather than the dialog box.Save As on the figure window menu GUI. Using the GUI, results in an output file (such as a …function saves the figure or Simulink block diagram specified by fig to file filename. … If you do not specify an extension, then saveas saves the figure to a FIG-file. …. Vector graphics files store commands that redraw the figure.command line but that's it. I tried all the Open & Save settings & nothing fixed it. Please help, it is pretty frustrating 🙁 Please …command prompt type FILEDIA.