About Sharing Tool Palettes and Tool Palette Groups
Export and import tool palette files (XTP) and tool palette group files (XPG) to
share with others.
Export Tool Palettes and Tool Palette Groups
When you export a tool palette or tool palette group, keep these points in mind:
- When you export a customized tool palette, an image folder with the same name is may
be created in the same location as the XTP file. This folder contains the images for
user-created content tools and command tools with user-defined images
- Avoid copying tool palette (ATC) files between different product releases. Doing so
can cause potential problems when migrating to a future release.
Import Tool Palettes and Tool Palette Groups
When you import a tool palette or tool palette group, keep these points in mind:
- When you import a customized tool palette, the image folder must be in the same location
as the imported XTP file in order for the icons to appear in the tool palette.
- Tool palettes can be used only in the product release in which they were created.
However, you can migrate tool palettes from previous releases to the current release
using the Migrate Custom Settings dialog box.
- If you share tool palettes with someone who is not using the same AutoCAD-based product
or release in which they were created, the tools might not work properly.
status. You cannot modify the tool palette beyond changing its display settings and
rearranging the icons unless you change the file status.