About Model Space Viewports
In model space, you can split the drawing area into one or more rectangular areas
called model space viewports.
Viewports are areas that display different views of your model. In large or complex
drawings, displaying different views reduces the time needed to zoom or pan in a single
view. Errors that you might miss in one view might be visible in another.
The illustrations below show several model space viewport configurations. You can
save and restore viewport configurations by name with the VPORTS command.
When you display multiple viewports, the one that is highlighted with a blue rectangle
is called the current viewport.
- Commands that control the view, such as panning and zooming, apply only to the current
- Commands that create or modify an object are started in the current viewport, but
the results apply to the model and can be visible in other viewports.
- You can start a command in one viewport and finish it in a different viewport.
- You can make any viewport the current one by clicking in it.
on a sheet.
Modify Model Space Viewports
You can modify the size, shape, and number of model space viewports in a viewport
- Choose from several viewport configurations by clicking the [+] or [-] control in
the top-left corner of a viewport.
- Drag the boundaries of viewports to adjust their size.
- Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and
create new viewports. Alternatively, you can drag the outermost splitter controls.
- Drag a viewport boundary onto another boundary to remove a viewport.
After you create a new viewport, you might want to maximize and center the view by
double-clicking the mouse wheel to perform a zoom extents.
sp>About Model Space Viewports. In model space, you can split the drawing area into one or more rectangular areas called model space viewports. Viewports are areas that display different views of your model. In large or complex drawings, displaying different views reduces the time needed to zoom or pan in a single view.model space (Model Space, with tiled viewports) can be divided into multiple viewports, each of which can contain a different view of the current …16 Nov 2010viewport boundary is in model space, so you know if you were going outside what the viewport would …viewport that uses a polyline/block set in model space as its reference for its …viewports in modelspace. By adjusting viewports in modelspace I would like …viewports in paper space. Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model.… If you work in 3D, then you probably use model space viewports. Join Autodesk Evangelist Lynn Allen as she shows you how easy it is to resize …… Viewports created on the Model tab completely fill the drawing area and do not … Three model space viewports are shown in the illustration.space viewports, dimensioning in paper space is the only reliable way. Dimensioning in model space is …