About Creating Tool Palettes
You can build tool palettes using several methods.
Methods for Creating Tool Palettes
- Use the tool palette shortcut menu to create a new, empty palette.
- Use a DesignCenter shortcut menu to create a tool palette tab with predetermined content.
Methods for Adding Tools to Tool Palettes
You can add tools to a new or existing tool palette using several methods.
- Drag tools from your drawing. Tools include geometric objects, dimensions, fills,
blocks, xrefs, raster images, and tables. You can also add lights, cameras, visual
styles, and materials (not available in AutoCAD LT).
- Drag drawings, blocks, and hatches from DesignCenter. Drawings that are added to a
tool palette are inserted as blocks when dragged into the drawing.
- Drag toolbar buttons from the Customize dialog box.
- Drag commands from the Command List pane on the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor.
- Paste tools from one tool palette to another.
Customize Tool Palettes
Once you’ve created a palette, modify it to suit your needs:
- Rearrange the tools by dragging or sorting them.
- Add text and separator lines.
- Move a tool palette tab up and down the list of tabs by using the shortcut menu or
Customize dialog box.
- Delete tool palettes that you no longer need. (Tool palettes that are deleted are
lost unless they are first saved by exporting them to a file.)
- Set the path to your tool palettes on the Files tab in the Options dialog box. This
path can be to a shared network location.
- Associate a customizable tool palette group with each panel on the ribbon.
- Change the palette’s read-only status in the Palettes folder. If a tool palette is set to be read-only, a lock icon is displayed in a lower
corner of the tool palette. This indicates that you cannot modify the tool palette
beyond changing its display settings and rearranging the icons.
spthods for Adding Tools to Tool Palettes. Drag tools from your drawing. Drag drawings, blocks, and hatches from DesignCenter. Drag toolbar buttons from the Customize dialog box. Drag commands from the Command List pane on the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor. Paste tools from one tool palette to another.Jan 26, 2014Creating Tool Palettes. The following instructions will guide you through the process of using tool palettes to insert blocks into CAD drawings. Carlson …… Create, Customize, Export and import AutoCAD Tool Palettes. Tool palettes are a great tool that offers quick access to many AutoCAD tools and commands. You can expand the usability of AutoCAD tool palettes by making your own palette to store favorite blocks, dimension style, hatch patterns and even commands.… The AutoCAD Tool Palette is a great way to implement CAD standards … You can create your own Groups to organize company standards, use …tools and blocks, you can arrange your them further. You can create more palettes if you need to. After you've …… AutoCAD Tool Palettes can be used to create libraries of frequently used blocks, dynamic blocks, tools and commands for easy access.… Join Shaun Bryant for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating tool palettes from DesignCenter, part of AutoCAD: Tool Palettes.create tool palettes with customized settings.… This is my example, I created a custom palette called "The information Lab": Okay I want one, how did you create your custom Tool Palette?