About Creating Polysolids
Use the same techniques you use to create polylines to create a polysolid object.
The POLYSOLID command provides a quick way to draw 3D walls. A polysolid is like
an extruded, wide polyline. In fact, you can draw polysolids the same way that you
draw a polyline, using both straight and curved segments. Unlike extruded polylines,
which lose any width properties upon extrusion, polysolids retain the width of their
You can also convert objects such as a line, 2D polyline, arc, or circle to a polysolid.
Polysolids are displayed as swept solids in the Properties palette.
Polysolid Creation Options
Use the following options to control the size and shape of the polysolids you create:
- Create arced segments. Use the Arc option to add curved segments to the polysolid. The profile of a polysolid
with curved segments remains perpendicular to the path.
- Create a polysolid from a 2D object. Use the Object option to convert an object such as a polyline, circle, line, or arc
to a polysolid. The DELOBJ system variable controls whether the path (a 2D object)
is automatically deleted when you create a polysolid.
- Close the gap between the first and last points. Use the Close option to create a connecting segment.
- Set the height and width. Use the Height and Width options for the POLYSOLID command. The values you set are
stored in the PSOLWIDTH and PSOLHEIGHT system variables.
- Set where the object is drawn in relation to the specified points. Use the Justification option to place the path of the polysolid to the right, to
the left, or down the center of the points you specify.
e POLYSOLID command provides a quick way to draw 3D walls. A polysolid is like an extruded, wide polyline. In fact, you can draw polysolids the same way …Creating Polysolids … Click Draw menu 3D Modeling Polysolid. … To create a curved segment, at the Command prompt, enter a (Arc) before …Create a Polysolid Click Home tabModeling panelPolysolid. Find At the Command prompt, enter h (Height) and enter the height of the polysolid object. Enter w …Creating Polysolids …Creating walls with the Polysolid tool, part of 3D Printing a Scale Model with AutoCAD.Polysolids are like 3D polylines that come with a thickness. You can use them to quickly create walls based on a 2D floor plan. The result is a swept solid.17 Jan 2014