About Creating 3D Solids From Objects
Convert existing objects to 3D solids.
You can use several methods to convert objects in your drawing to 3D solids:
- Convert surfaces and objects with Thickness to 3D Solids
- Convert a group of surfaces to a 3D solid
- Convert mesh to 3D solids
- Thicken surfaces to convert them to 3D solids
mesh and polyline with thickness converted to optimized 3D solids
The DELOBJ system variable controls whether the objects you select are automatically
deleted when the 3D object is created.
Convert Surfaces and Objects with Thickness to 3D Solids
You can convert different types of objects into extruded 3D solids with the CONVTOSOLID
command. These objects include closed polylines and circles with thickness, as well
as watertight meshes and surfaces.
Convert a Group of Surfaces to a 3D Solid
Use the SURFSCULPT command to convert a group of surfaces that enclose a watertight
region to a 3D solid.
Convert Mesh to 3D Solids
When you convert mesh objects to 3D solids, the shape of the new solid object approximates,
but does not exactly duplicate, the original mesh object. You can control the differentiation
somewhat by specifying whether the result is smooth or faceted (SMOOTHMESHCONVERT).
You can also specify whether the resulting faces are merged (optimized).
For example, if you convert a mesh box to a solid object, following options are available:
- Smoothed and optimized. Coplanar faces are merged into a single face. The overall shape of some faces can
change. Edges of faces that are not coplanar are rounded. (SMOOTHMESHCONVERT = 0)
- Smoothed and not optimized. Each original mesh face is retained in the converted object. Edges of faces that
are not coplanar are rounded. (SMOOTHMESHCONVERT = 1)
- Faceted and optimized. Coplanar faces are merged into a single, flat face. The overall shape of some faces
can change. Edges of faces that are not coplanar are creased, or angular. (SMOOTHMESHCONVERT
- Faceted and not optimized. Each original mesh face is converted to a flat face. Edges of faces that are not coplanar
are creased, or angular. (SMOOTHMESHCONVERT = 3)
- Mesh with gaps between faces. Gizmo editing can sometimes result in gaps, or holes between the faces. In some cases,
you can close the gaps by smoothing the mesh object.
- Mesh that has self-intersecting boundaries. If you have modified a mesh object so that one or more faces intersect faces in the
same object, you cannot convert it to a 3D solid.
In some cases, mesh that is not eligible to be converted to a solid object can be
converted to a surface.
Thicken Surfaces to Convert Them to 3D Solids
You can convert 3D surface objects to 3D solids with the THICKEN command.
Grip editing is limited for objects that are created using this method.
nvert existing objects to 3D solids. You can use several methods to convert objects in your drawing to 3D solids: Convert surfaces and objects with Thickness …3D solid objects can start from basic primitives, or from extruded, swept, revolved, or lofted profiles. … You can create several basic 3D shapes, known as solid primitives with commands such as CYLINDER, PYRAMID, and BOX. A fast way to create 3D solids in the shape of walls is with …Create a 3D solid or surface by stretching curves into 3D space. The EXTRUDE command creates a solid or surface that extends the shape of a curve. … With the Path option, create a solid or surface by specifying an object to be the path for the profile, or shape, of the extrusion.create 3D solids from 2D geometry or other 3D objects. For example, a 3D solid can also be the result of extruding a 2D shape to follow a specified …Solid tabSolid panelExtrude. Find Select the objects or edge subobjects to extrude. Specify the height. After the extrusion, the original objects are deleted …objects (profiles) around an axis to create 3D objects … When you shell a 3D solid object, new faces are created by offsetting existing faces inside or …12 May 2015geometry inside … two models: One is a detailed interior and exterior building model.3D visualization skills by rotating 2D shapes. … What solid 3D object is produced by rotating the square about line m \blue m mstart color blue, m, …